Vuzix To Attend Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015
Company to Demo New Products, Applications and Accessories around its Smart Glasses and Optical Display Technology
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Jan. 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Vuzix® Corporation (OTCQB: VUZI), a leading supplier of Video Eyewear and Smart Glasses in the consumer, commercial and entertainment markets, today announced that it will attend the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015 in Las Vegas from January 6th-9th and will showcase the award-winning M100 Smart Glasses along with the award-winning Video Eyewear solutions. Vuzix will also be demoing its latest products, technologies and applications. The Vuzix stand will be at located at Booth 14848 – LVCC, Central Hall. Vuzix has been a regular exhibitor at CES and has won 20 CES Awards over 11 consecutive years.
Products, Technologies, Apps to be demoed at the Vuzix booth:
- V-720 Mobile Gaming Platform – The winner of 4 CES 2015 Awards, the V-720 is a high-end pair of video headphones coupled with the Nvidia® shield portable, providing consumers with a wearable gaming solution that features HD 720p high-definition displays with a large field of view, equivalent of a home theater's 130" screen viewed at 10 feet. The unit supports HDMI inputs, so the user can hook up to their mobile phone, tablet, console system, PC, and even 3D Blu-ray players. The V-720 Mobile Gaming Platform creates the most advanced mobile gaming system to enter the consumer market, capable of playing basic games to some of the most advanced interactive Virtual Reality and 3D titles available. Users get to enjoy more than 1,000,000 Android games, apps, and movies for an unrivaled mobile gaming experience.
- M100 Smart Glasses - The M100 Smart Glasses, a 2013 CES Best of Innovations Award, is a cutting-edge hands-free wearable computing device that pairs with a user's smartphone or available WiFi connection, offering text, video, email, mapping, and augmented reality through its personal display and computing system. The Vuzix M100 contains a virtual display with integrated camera for videos and snapshots. Running an Android OS the voice and hand gesture controlled M100 is designed to run applications in standalone operation or when connected to the internet, and works with thousands of existing applications with many more native applications in development.
- Smart Glass Frames for M100 – Rochester Optical will be showcasing its Smart Frame Collection customized for the Vuzix M100. These Smart Frames have been engineered to enhance a viewer's experience when using the M100 Smart Glasses are available in a full range of prescriptions and style to providers wearers they best visual acuity.
- XOEye – A cloud-based embedded Linux software platform for Vuzix' M100 smart glasses under the partnership with XOEye Technologies, is a wearable computing environment suitable for the toughest frontline work scenarios within manufacturing, construction, field services, and widely distributed organizations.
- APX Labs - As partners in the Salesforce Wear initiative, the two companies will be demonstrating the integration between the M100, Skylight, and the Salesforce Service Cloud.
- LiveCast – A live video streaming for the M100 Smart Glasses that helps users find some of the most common and important LiveCast webpages easily from an Android device.
- Nokia HERE – A mapping and location services engine embedded in the M100 Smart Glasses which offers both traditional 2-D and first person heads-up display capability.
- Waveguide - Waveguide optics are a unique and revolutionary way of moving light that enables the display of full color wide field of view imagery in lenses as thin as reading glasses. This solution is an excellent alternative to conventional optics, which bend light through bulky lenses, making them significantly larger and impossible to package into the look and feel of a fashionable pair of eyeglasses. Vuzix will be showcasing some of its latest waveguide prototypes including its first binocular based system as well its proposed production model.
"This will be an eventful year as we will have an opportunity to show off our latest products, technologies and partner apps," said Paul Travers, President and CEO of Vuzix. "CES is the premier consumer electronics show in the world and it is a great opportunity to get face-to-face with the public, press, and other vendors and showcase the results from our hard work and dedication to the industry. At Vuzix, we have constantly pushed the envelope to improve and refine our technology and products and we have developed great partnerships that bring the best apps to our devices."
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix is a leading supplier of Video Eyewear and Smart Glasses products in the consumer, commercial and entertainment markets. The Company's products include personal display and wearable computing devices that offer users a portable high quality viewing experience, provide solutions for mobility, wearable displays and virtual and augmented reality. Vuzix holds 39 patents and 10 additional patents pending and numerous IP licenses in the Video Eyewear field. The Company has won Consumer Electronics Show (or CES) awards for innovation for the years 2005 to 2014 and several wireless technology innovation awards among others. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a public company (VUZI.QB) with offices in Rochester, NY, Oxford, UK and Tokyo, Japan.
Forward-Looking Statements Disclaimer
Certain statements contained in this news release are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. Forward looking statements contained in this release relate to Apps designed for Vuzix, the new V720, and CES, among other things, and the Company's leadership in the Video Eyewear and AR display industry. They are generally identified by words such as "believes," "may," "expects," "anticipates," "should" and similar expressions. Readers should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which are based upon the Company's beliefs and assumptions as of the date of this release. The Company's actual results could differ materially due to risk factors and other items described in more detail in the "Risk Factors" section of the Company's Annual Reports and MD&A filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and applicable Canadian securities regulators (copies of which may be obtained at www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov ). Subsequent events and developments may cause these forward-looking statements to change. The Company specifically disclaims any obligation or intention to update or revise these forward-looking statements as a result of changed events or circumstances that occur after the date of this release, except as required by applicable law.
For further information:
Investor Relations Contact:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vuzix-to-attend-consumer-electronics-show-ces-2015-300016249.html
SOURCE Vuzix Corporation
Released January 6, 2015